Activities, supported by CFTC
The activities, supported by Center “Fund for Treatment of Children”, according to the Regulations for the operations and organization, include:
1. organization and financial support of Bulgarian citizens, aged up to 18 years, who require:
a) diagnostic and treatment procedures, which cannot be performed timely or for the performance of which the conditions in Republic of Bulgaria are not appropriate;
b) treatment of rare diseases, which is not covered by the state budget and is outside the scope of the compulsory health insurance;
c) medicines not allowed to be used in Republic of Bulgaria and medicines, included in the list of article 266a, paragraph 2 of the Law for medicines in humanitarian medicine with adherence to the conditions and rules, set for them by Regulation No. 10 from 2011 for the conditions and rules for treatment with medicines unauthorized for use in Republic of Bulgaria, as well as about the conditions and rules for inclusion, modifications, exclusion and delivery of medicines, included in the list of article 266a of the Law for medicines in humanitarian medicine, when the treatment of the relevant illness is not covered by public funds and has no alternative in Republic of Bulgaria;
d) medical products, included in a list of the Fund which cannot be provided in Republic of Bulgaria or which are not funded by the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) within a planned treatment in the country as per the clinical paths, with the exception of medical products, facilities, equipment and devices, provided as per the Law for Integration of Disabled Individuals;
e) highly-specialized medical equipment and devices for individual use by the patient, in cases when their absence is the reason for the impossibility to perform adequate treatment of the patient in Republic of Bulgaria;
f) transplantation of organs and hematopoietic stem cells in case of malignant hematological illnesses, as well as in cases of some severe benign diseases and in case of approved non-hematological diseases in treatment facilities at the territory of member states of the European Union, European Economic Area, or Confederation of Switzerland, when it cannot be performed timely in Republic of Bulgaria;
g) treatment in the country, requiring the relevant transplantation, when it is not allowed by the rules of that Rule book;
h) up to three control check-ups after the performance of treatment/transplantation, which are allowed as per the RULES for operations and organization of Center “Fund for Treatment of Children” in case that there is justified medical requirement, determined by the treatment facility, that performed the treatment/transplantation and the monitoring of the state cannot be performed in Bulgaria.
2. organizes and funds the participation of foreign medical specialists in diagnostic and treatment procedures and transplantation of the individuals of item 1 in Republic of Bulgaria, in cases when there are no Bulgarian medical specialists in the relevant field and/or such participation is required by the treatment process;
3. in cases of item 1, letters “a”, “f” and “h”, when required, the funding, provided by the Fund can include funds for transportation and stay – travel expenses and accommodation allocation for the child and one companion abroad and, when required, interpreting during the stay and treatment as per the procedures, determined by the Fund’s director.
4. in case of justified medical requirement, determined by the external experts, the funding can also include funds for transportation and stay – travel expenses and accommodation allocation for accompanying doctor who can provide, if required emergency or urgent medical assistance during the trip
5. advertises, organizes and realizes happenings for funds raising required for its operation.